Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protect and respect your privacy.
For the purpose and in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, the “Personal Information Controller” or PIC is Converge ICT Solutions Inc. with its main office registered in #99 Reliance ICT Building, E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Brgy. Ugong, Pasig, Philippines.
You have choices about the data we collect. You may decline when you are asked to provide personal data, but if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to process your application or to provide products or solutions, you may not be able to proceed with your application or use our product or solution.
The information that we collect from you may include:
- personal information as required for certain services may include (but are not limited to):
- full name (Surname, First Name, Middle name);
- civil status;
- billing or service address;
- email address;
- home contact number;
- office contact number;
- mobile contact number;
- account number of existing plan or subscription (if any);
- account payment details; and
- other similar contact information;
- information that you provide by filling out forms, including but not limited to information provided at the time of:
- registering and/or submitting personal information through our official website(s);
- registering and/or submitting personal information using online or web form link(s);
- subscribing to any of our services;
- posting any content information on any of our official websites or social media sites; or
- requesting further services through our official website(s).
- information that you provide when you enter one of our competitions or promotions or such competitions or promotions that are sponsored by a third party company;
- complaints, issues, or other concerns you raise in any of our official websites or social media sites;
- information that you provide when you complete one of our surveys that we use for research purposes;
- details of your visits to our company website if you visit or carry out any transactions.
- We may also collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our network.
- When you engage us for troubleshooting assistance, we collect data about you and your network and other details related to the incident. Such data may include contact information, details of communication with us, information about the incident including status of the network, condition of equipment, system and registry data about installations, and network configurations. Depending on type of network incident, reports can include information to provide the type or severity of the problem, details of the firmware or hardware related to an incident, and nature of the incident and when it occurred.
- When you enter any of our business office locations or other office facilities, your image may be captured by our security monitoring cameras.
- We collect information that you provide to us such as feedback and reviews, or questions and information you provide to our service desk. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Converge collects information to effectively process your application and provide you the best experience with our products and services. You provide some of this information directly, such as when you visit our business centers; inquire or submit online application via self-serve application and other online web form; respond to a survey; submit application documents in connection with our sales activities through authorized sales channels including tele and digital sales, and employee referrals; or when you contact us through our customer hotline for after sales support.
We may also obtain your personal information through authorized third-party affiliates. We protect the information obtained from our authorized third-party sales channels according to the requirements of DPA of 2012, this policy, and any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the information. Our third-party sales channels vary over time, and your information when you grant us permission maybe obtained by the following:
- Converge ICT authorized sales agents from our accredited independent agent or third-party sales agencies;
- Converge ICT Employees through our “Employee Referral Program”;
- Converge ICT existing subscriber/s through our “Member-Get-Member Referral Program”;
- Converge ICT official social network sites when you grant us permission to access your information;
- Converge ICT business partners with which we offer co-branded services or in joint marketing activities; or
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
Converge ICT employees or existing subscribers may obtain your personal data through our “Employee Referral Program” or “Member-Get-Member Referral Program”. Through these programs, the employee or existing subscriber will be held liable for any mishandling of personal information and/or documents before and after they are submitted to Converge ICT.
All confidential information you provide to us is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology and may be stored on our secured servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of any of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Any modem browser can be used to access our websites with SSL technology.
In addition to the steps that we take to protect your personal data, you should take the following steps to help protect yourself against Internet fraud:
- choose a password you can remember but others will not guess, and if you do write it down, keep it somewhere safe and secure;
- when you have finished any session on any of our websites, make sure that you prevent your details from being seen by any third parties, and if you have registered and logged in, remember to log off;
- clear any ‘cache’ so there is no record of any transactions left on screen; and
- clear your browser history so the session history is removed.
While the transfer of information via the Internet may not be completely secure, we will do our best to protect and control your personal information from the time we receive it. It is our obligation to ensure that proper security controls are in place and are effectively implemented through our policies and procedure.
We use the information that we collect for three basic purposes:
- to perform our business operation activities including the provisions of the products and services that we offer;
- to send communications, including promotional communications; and
- to show advertising, whether in our own products, or in products offered by third parties.
We use your information to process your submitted application for new or existing plan subscription/s, provide and improve the products and services we offer, and perform other essential business operations that involves the following activities:
- sales application documents submission
- document validation
- account creation
- account payment process
- job order creation
- installation scheduling
- network installation and activation
- product/service maintenance and improvement
- upgrading and/or developing new product features
- conducting research
- feedback and surveys
- providing customer support
We use the information we collect from you to personalize our communications with you. We may contact you to:
- call or send you email notification or other means to inform you when your account is ready for payment during the processing of your application;
- send you notification via email or SMS regarding a network or service interruption;
- remind you about your payment obligations, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active;
- update you about inquiry of service or repair request; or
- invite you to participate in a survey.
Additionally we, or authorized third parties, may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to send you messages about your account that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about products, services, and other promotional campaigns that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we both entered into;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes in our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you via electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with formation about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale from you.
If you are a new or potential customer, and where we permit authorized third parties to obtain or process your information, we (or they) will contact you based on the contact information that you provided only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your information this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, then:
please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information (application form, marketing or sales lead generation form); or
contact us at our customer service hotline at (02) 667 0888 or email at email@example.com
We do not disclose any personal information to any of our advertisers that mat lead to any individual’s identity, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, 500 men under the age of 30 have clicked on the advertisement on any given day).
We may also use such aggregate information to help our advertisers reach the kind of audience we want to target by displaying advertisement to that audience (for example, women in X industry of X location).
For information about managing your contact information, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please refer to “Rights to Your Information” section of this privacy statement.
We do not sell or trade your personal information to others. We may share or disclose generic information to any of our business related affiliates, subsidiaries, and other group of related companies only when you give us the consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product and service you have requested or authorized.
In addition, we may also share information with accredited vendors working on our behalf for the purpose of providing you with products and services. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions.
In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose.
We may share your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If all or substantially all assets of Converge ICT Solutions Inc. are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information we hold will be one of the transferred assets;
- If it includes exchanging information with other company(ies) or organization(s) for the purposes of fraud protection and/or credit risk reduction. For example, when you provide payment information regarding payment obligation of your account subscription, we share payment information with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial and payment services.
Lastly, we will access, transfer, disclose, and preserve personal information, including its content (such as the content of your emails sent to Converge ICT, or files in private folders on our database servers), when we in good faith believe that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with “DPA of 2012” or any applicable laws or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products and services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of Converge, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Converge, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter immediately to law enforcement.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose any of your information to any third party agent for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
You can also exercise your right to access information by contacting us through our Customer Service hotline at 667 0850 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates or other third-parties. if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data on their websites.
Data Privacy Act of 2012 gives you the right to access your information held by us.
For questions regarding your rights to access your previously provided personal information, or to assist you in providing details we hold about your information, you may contact our customer service department or email email@example.com.
You can view, edit, or delete your personal data through the following:
Account information through our internal data processing system. If you wish to change or remove any of your profile or payment information, change your personal password, or close your account, you can do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application status information. You can check your application status when you provide required information by clicking on “Application Status” via www.convergeict.com.
If you cannot access your personal information collected by us from any of the means above, you can always contact Converge ICT hotline numbers and we will respond to any of your request to access your personal information.
Data Privacy Management Office
Converge ICT Solutions Inc.
(02) 667 0888 local 4250
August 22, 2018